With school back in session, it’s essential for our kids to stay safe and healthy. Even with continuous reminders for your kids to wash their hands, social distance, and wear a mask, sometimes these efforts fall short. Vegetarian Naturals® Kids Whole Life™ Organic Multivitamin Gummies, is here to help support your child’s wellness!
What is Zinc, and How Can it Help?
Zinc is an essential nutrient for your body. It is important for you to get a constant supply through your diet. This essential mineral is crucial for development, your metabolism and the immune system.
Benefits of including zinc in you diet includes:
- Boosts Your Immune System
- Accelerates Wound Healing
- May Reduce the Risk of Certain Age-Related Diseases
- May Help Treat Acne
- Decreases Inflammation
Studies have found that including zinc in your day-to-day lifestyle may effectively reduce inflammation, boost immune health, reduce your risk of age-related diseases, speed wound healing and improve acne symptoms. Our advanced formula is suitable for all ages and stages; from toddlers to teens to everyone in between. With Vegetarian Naturals’ once-a-day multivitamins, Vitamin Time is simplified for your growing children.
Does Zinc Help Fight SARS-Coronavirus?
Zinc is crucial for normal development and functioning of cells assisting the immune system. Studies have shown that increased concentrations of zinc can inhibit the replication of viruses like poliovirus and SARS-coronavirus.
Based on current research, there is reason to be hopeful that zinc might help in the fight against COVID-19. While there’s no proof yet that it does, additional research could show a benefit in certain situations, or with a different dose or formulation of the supplement. So it’s worth keeping an open mind.
Either way, zinc is an essential mineral for your body. It’s important to include zinc in your diet for proper growth and maintenance for the human body.
Where to Find Zinc?
Zinc is a mineral that’s essential for good health. It’s required for the functions of over 300 enzymes and involved in many important processes in your body. This mineral metabolizes nutrients, maintains your immune system and grows and repairs body tissues. Your body doesn’t store zinc, so you need to eat enough every day to ensure you’re meeting your daily requirements.
Vegan and vegetarian foods that include zinc:
- Legumes contain high amounts of zinc.
- Some seeds like hemp, pumpkin, squash and sesame seeds contain significant amounts of zinc. Seeds are also a good source of fiber, fats, and vitamins, making them a healthy addition to your diet.
- Nuts are a healthy and convenient snack that can boost your intake of zinc and other nutrients.
- Whole Grains
- Whole grains can provide a source of zinc in your diet.
- Some Vegetables
- Most vegetables are poor sources of zinc, but some contain moderate amounts and can contribute to your daily needs, especially if you don’t eat meat, such as vegans or vegetarians.
- Dark Chocolate
- Dark chocolate can be a source of zinc. However, it’s high in sugar and calories, so it should be eaten in moderation.
It may seem hard or overwhelming to try and find ways to include zinc in your diet, but Vegetarian Naturals™ is an easy and safe way to get your daily dose to keep you and your family healthy! Vegetarian Naturals® Kids Whole Life™ Organic Multivitamin Gummies are Third Party Tested, Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, and Vegan Friendly — a safe and healthy way to think zinc!
— Calla Martin —
- Kubala, J. (2018, November 14). Zinc: Benefits, Deficiency, Food Sources and Side Effects. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/zinc#function
- Valencia, G. (2021, February 01). Three vitamins, minerals to boost your immune system and fight COVID-19. Retrieved from https://news.fiu.edu/2020/three-vitamins,-minerals-to-boost-your-immune-system-to-fight-covid-19
- Robert H. Shmerling, M. (2021, April 05). Do vitamin D, zinc, and other supplements help prevent COVID-19 or hasten healing? Retrieved from https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/do-vitamin-d-zinc-and-other-supplements-help-prevent-covid-19-or-hasten-healing-2021040522310
- West, H. (2018, April 19). The 10 Best Foods That Are High in Zinc. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-foods-high-in-zinc#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4